Please ignore the posting date of the blog post, visit our website for..
Event Date and Times: https://sites.google.com/site/dfwadventures
DFWA on FaceBook (Updates): www.facebook.com/dfw.adventures
ATTENTION!!!! The Wild West Tour is still planned as scheduled. However, due to the recent government shutdown LBJ Grasslands is closed to camping and hiking.Thanks - DFWA
Join DFWA for a Wild West Tour! Jesse James & Younger Gang, Bonnie & Clyde, The Lost Battalion Room, (Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes), Decatur Square, The Chisholm Trail, Historic Decatur Courthouse, Battle of The Knob's, LBJ National Grasslands, Black Creek Reservoir.
Note: The DFWA fee to all participants is $5.00 p/p. Plus costs...
(Costs: Museum $2+Tip, Camping $2-$5, Food and Gas)
Video: DFWA Wild West Tour Promo
Print and Bring: Google Map of Driving Route
Meet at StarBucks: 2334 West University Drive, Denton, Texas
GPS Location: N 33 13.810' W 97 9.729'
(Should have a full tank and empty bladder before departure time)
Participants Should Bring:
- Water and Cash, snacks, Print out of Map.
- Camping Gear for participants who choose to camp.
- Food for grilling, Water, 1-2 bundles of wood for fire.
- Whistle & Compass and Small First Aid Kit. Water!!!
- 2 way radio w/ NOAA Alerts (Set to channel 5, code 0).
Those who wish to carpool there is a Walmart nearby where monitored
parking is available, however, DFWA and organizers are not responsible
for your car or property. Please note in the comments section that you
are interested in carpooling either as a driver or passenger. Be sure to
help pay your part of the gas
Approximate Timeline of Event:
- Departure from Denton.
- Jesse James Historical Marker.
- Arrive in Decatur.
- Bonnie & Clyde, Museum.
- Lunch at Sweetie Pies Ribeyes. (See Menu)
- Explore Square, Chisholm Trail, Courthouse.
- Meet back in front of Sweetie Pies, Depart.
- Battle of the Knobs Historical Marker.
- Visit Sunset Hill at LBJ Grasslands.
- Black Creek Reservoir (Kayaking or Hiking).
- (Must bring your own gear for kayaking or hiking).
- Bonfire and Cookout (Bring your own food).
- Camping for those staying overnight.
- (Must bring your own gear for camping).
Minors are welcome (If outdoor enthusiasts)
Pets are not advised (because of museum and restaurant)
However: Fuzzy's Taco nearby may have a pet friendly patio.
Difficulty (1:Easy - 5:Hard): Rated 2-3 depending on event you choose.
Length of Event: Saturday and Sunday. Return at your leisure.
Environment: Long drive, have car checked out and well maintained.
(Anyone with car troubles will be taken to nearest town if necessary.)
Persons who have a poor attendance history or "No Shows"
Must confirm RSVP to DFWA events by posting a comment "I will be there" in the comment section or email to email@example.com. All others welcome with RSVP.
Only RSVP if you truly feel that you can attend.
Do not re-post to other event boards or sites.
No smoking near other members of group.
Do not attend if you are sick or have health issues.
No radio or recorded music, guitars are welcome!
No photos, videos or tagging of organizer(s).
Questions: Ask for "Mother". (DFWA Organizer)
Notice: All participants in DFWA events agree not to
hold DFWA or any of its organizers or members responsible for accidents,
loss or damage to equipment, loss of life or limb. You are responsible
for your own safety and agree to the DFWA Disclaimer posted below.
Read DFWA Disclaimer and Resources!
Join DFWA on FaceBook (for Pics & Updates)
Visit DFWA on YouTube (for Event Videos)
Read DFWA on Blogger (for Blog Posts)