Please ignore the posting date of the blog post, visit our website for..
Event Date and Times: https://sites.google.com/site/dfwadventures
DFWA on FaceBook (Updates): www.facebook.com/dfw.adventures
Join DFWA for a Wild West Tour! Jesse James & Younger Gang, Bonnie & Clyde, The Lost Battalion Room, (Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes), Decatur Square, The Chisholm Trail, Historic Decatur Courthouse, Fort Richardson, Battle of The Knob's, LBJ National Grasslands.
Note: The DFWA fee to all participants is $5.00. Plus costs.
(Costs: Museum $1, Fort $3, Food and Gas)
Video: DFWA Wild West Tour Promo
Print and Bring: Google Map of Driving Route
Meet at StarBucks: 2334 West University Drive, Denton, Texas
Departure Time: 9AM / GPS Location: N 33 13.810' W 97 9.729'
(Should have a full tank and empty bladder before departure time)
Participants Should Bring:
- Water and Cash, Print out of Map.
- Camping Gear if participants choose to camp.
- Whistle & Compass and Small First Aid Kit. Water!!!
- 2 way radio w/ NOAA Alerts (Set to channel 5, code 0).
Those who wish to carpool there is a Walmart nearby where monitored
parking is available, however, DFWA and organizers are not responsible
for your car or property. Please note in the comments section that you
are interested in carpooling either as a driver or passenger. Be sure to
help pay your part of the gas.
Approximate Timeline of Event:
- 09:00AM Departure from Denton.
- 09:30AM Jesse James Historical Marker.
- 09:45AM Arrive in Decatur.
- 09:45AM Regroup (Shell Gas Station off 380)
- 10-12PM Bonnie & Clyde, Museum.
- 12-01PM Lunch at Sweetie Pies Ribeyes. (See Menu)
- 01:00PM Explore Square, Chisholm Trail, Courthouse.
- 01:30PM Meet back in front of Sweetie Pies, Depart.
- 02:45PM Arrive at Frontier Fort Richardson, Checkin.
- 03-05PM Explore Fort and Hiking Area.
- 05:00PM Meet at Fort Restrooms, Depart.
- 06:00PM Dinner at Pronto's Italian (See Menu).
- 07:00PM Restroom Break and Depart.
- 07:30PM Get Gas in Decatur (Stuckey's).
- 08:00PM Battle of the Knobs Historical Marker.
- 08:30PM Sunset viewing at LBJ Grasslands.
- (Primitive Camping is available at LBJ Grasslands)
- 09:00PM Event ends, return to DFW Area.
Minors are welcome / Pets are not welcome
Event must have at least 20 sign up or may be cancelled.
Difficulty (1:Easy - 5:Hard): Rated 2 depending on weather.
Length of Event: Saturday (All Day Event)
Environment: Hot drive, have car checked out and well maintained.
Persons who have a poor attendance history or "No Shows"
Must confirm RSVP to DFWA events by posting a comment "I will be there" in the comment section or email to email@example.com. All others welcome with RSVP.
Only RSVP if you truly feel that you can attend.
Do not re-post to other event boards or sites.
No smoking near other members of group.
Do not attend if you are sick or have health issues.
No radio or recorded music, guitars are welcome!
No photos, videos or tagging of organizer(s).
Questions: Ask for "Mother". (DFWA Organizer)
Notice: All participants in DFWA events agree not to
hold DFWA or any of its organizers or members responsible for accidents,
loss or damage to equipment, loss of life or limb. You are responsible
for your own safety and agree to the DFWA Disclaimer posted below.
Read DFWA Disclaimer and Resources!
Join DFWA on FaceBook (for Pics & Updates)
Visit DFWA on YouTube (for Event Videos)
Read DFWA on Blogger (for Blog Posts)