Please ignore the posting date of the blog post, visit our website for..
Event Date and Times: https://sites.google.com/site/dfwadventures
DFWA on FaceBook (Updates): www.facebook.com/dfw.adventures
Join Us for our "Homeless Animal Hike (HAH)". We
will be meeting in courtyard across the street from Hard Rock Cafe in
Downtown Dallas (park at an all day lot). Please bring a check ($5, $10
or $20) made out to "SPCA of Texas" which will be collected at the event.
We will meet in the courtyard across the street from Hard Rock Cafe
and then take a 6-7 mile hike that will take us on the Katy Trail and
through parts of UpTown. Along the way we may stop for refreshing
beverages, food and breaks. This is a hot part of the year so be sure to
bring at least a quart of water in a refillable bottle.
Note: The group will not be officially meeting at
Hard Rock Cafe this year but you may arrive early to eat at one of the
local restaurants. However, we will be starting the hike at 1PM with no
exceptions. Also, there is a 3 mile hike option see the Hike Route Map (Shortcut).
PARKING: You should park in a parking lot that is
all day parking, there is parking under the bridge near our meetup
location and on the opposite side of the highway for West End. There is a
parking garage for Hard Rock Cafe just be sure you avoid parking at The
House Condos. The entrance to the HRC garage is on the west side of the
building. I had an issue with the parking receipt when I was there
recently but it was quickly resolved. I am told the first two hours are
free. We cannot wait for anyone to re-park their vehicles this year so
please pay close attention to the towing signs and parking signs and the
hours of parking. Do not park at meters as they will run out before we
return and you may be ticketed. We are not responsible for tickets or
towed cars. Hide all valuables in your car.
YouTube Video of past DFWA Charity Events
Hard Rock Cafe (Dallas) / DFWA Hike Map
Near: 2211 North Houston Street (South end of Victory Park)
Map of Exact Meetup Location: N 32 47.051' W 96 48.508'
Participants should bring:
- Check made out to SPCA ($5, $10 or $20).
- Email address listed in memo area.
- Cash for all day parking (near) HRC.
- Cash for food / drinks and tips / Trolley.
- Snack (apple slices, nuts, clif bars).
- Water (1 quart refillable bottle)
- Weather appropriate Clothing.
- Sun Block, Bug Repellant (just in case)
- Hat, Hand towel, Ice Pack (ie Black Ice)
- Comfortable Shoes (may want gel inserts).
- Camera (water proof bag if rain).
- Wear something that is bright for visibility to traffic.
- Whistle and Compass, Printout of Map
- Flashlight and Small first aid kit.
- 2 way radio w/ NOAA Alerts (Set to channel 5, code 0).
- Leave watches, rings and valuables at home.
Costs to Participants:
- Parking, Food, Trolley, Drinks and Tip. (Gratuity may be included)
- Donation to SPCA, Checks only please!
Notice: Organizer not responsible for tickets, fines or health issues.
Difficulty (1:Easy - 5:Hard): Rated 3-4 depending on weather.
Length of Event: 6-7 miles, 6-8 Hours.
Environment: Traffic, Construction, Paved, Possible Weather.
Parking: Unsupervised, Lock and Hide Valuables.
- Meet at courtyard (sidewalk) across from Hard Rock Cafe.
- You will be assigned a group with a captain.
- Hike Katy Trail with breaks for beverages, water, food.
- Restrooms will be available at rest areas.
- Possibly eat at El Fenix, Event ends return to cars.
Only RSVP if you truly feel that you can attend.
Do not re-post to other event boards or sites.
No smoking near other members of group.
Do not attend if you are sick or have health issues.
No photos, videos or tagging of organizer(s).
Questions: Ask for "Mother". (DFWA Organizer)
Notice: All participants in DFWA events agree not to
hold DFWA or any of its organizers or members responsible for accidents,
loss or damage to equipment, loss of life or limb. You are responsible
for your own safety and agree to the DFWA Disclaimer posted below.
Read DFWA Disclaimer and Resources!
Join DFWA on FaceBook (for Pics & Updates)
Visit DFWA on YouTube (for Event Videos)
Read DFWA on Blogger (for Blog Posts)