Please ignore the posting date of the blog post, visit our website for..
Event Date and Times: https://sites.google.com/site/dfwadventures
DFWA on FaceBook (Updates): www.facebook.com/dfw.adventures
Join Us for a hike through the Turtle Creek &
Highland Park Area. We will be meeting at Kalita Humphreys Theater in
the front patio area. In front of the theater near Lee Park
on Turtle Creek. From there we will walk mostly shaded areas of Turtle
Creek and Highland Park. This is a hot part of the year so be sure to
bring at least a quart of water in a refillable bottle.
PARKING: You should park either in the park or
nearby. We cannot wait for anyone to re-park their vehicles so please
pay close attention to towing signs, parking signs and hours of parking.
Do not park at meters, they will run out before we return and you may
be ticketed. We are not responsible for tickets or towed cars. Hide all
YouTube Video of past DFWA Charity Events
Kalita Humphrey's Theater / DFWA Hike Map
Near: 3636 Turtle Creek Blvd. Dallas, Texas
Map of Exact Meetup Location: N 32 48.635' W 96 48.038'
Participants should bring:
- Cash for parking / food / drinks and tips.
- Snack (apple slices, nuts, clif bars).
- Water (1 quart refillable bottle)
- Weather appropriate Clothing.
- Sun Block, Bug Repellant (just in case)
- Hat, Hand towel, Ice Pack (ie Black Ice)
- Comfortable Shoes (may want gel inserts).
- Camera (water proof bag if rain).
- Wear something that is bright for visibility to traffic.
- Whistle and Compass, Printout of Map
- Flashlight and Small first aid kit.
- 2 way radio w/ NOAA Alerts (Set to channel 5, code 0).
- Leave watches, rings and valuables at home.
Costs to Participants:
- Parking, Food, Drinks and Tip. (Gratuity may be included)
- Donation to Duck Team 6, Checks only please!
Notice: Organizer not responsible for tickets, fines or health issues.
Difficulty (1:Easy - 5:Hard): Rated 2 depending on weather.
Length of Event: 5 miles, 4-5 Hours (with stops).
Environment: Traffic, Construction, Paved, Possible Weather.
Parking: Unsupervised, Lock and Hide Valuables.
- Meet at Kalita Humphrey's Theater.
- You will be assigned a group with a captain.
- Hike shaded trails of Turtle Creek and Highland Park.
- Few if any restrooms available, go before you show.
- Possibly get drinks at Katy Ice House, Event ends return to cars.
Only RSVP if you truly feel that you can attend.
Do not re-post to other event boards or sites.
No smoking near other members of group.
Do not attend if you are sick or have health issues.
No photos, videos or tagging of organizer(s).
Questions: Ask for "Mother". (DFWA Organizer)
Notice: All participants in DFWA events agree not to
hold DFWA or any of its organizers or members responsible for accidents,
loss or damage to equipment, loss of life or limb. You are responsible
for your own safety and agree to the DFWA Disclaimer posted below.
Read DFWA Disclaimer and Resources!
Join DFWA on FaceBook (for Pics & Updates)
Visit DFWA on YouTube (for Event Videos)
Read DFWA on Blogger (for Blog Posts)