Event Date and Times: https://sites.google.com/site/dfwadventures
DFWA on FaceBook (Updates): www.facebook.com/dfw.adventures
Join us for a fire on beautiful Lake Lewisville. All participants should bring a bundle of wood to contribute to the fire. Dogs are welcome if picked up after and kept on a leash at all times! Minors are welcome if watched by parents at all times! Please do not re-post this event on other sites. Please no radio music, however guitars are welcome!
Sign up! This is a recurring event hosted by DFWA posted on DFW Bucket List.
All participants and guests Must RSVP to attend on Bucket List posting:
Bucket List Website: www.meetup.com/DFW-Bucket-List
(Any event cancellations or changes will be posted on Bucket List Posting)
Donation: Not mandatory but if you would like to bring a (new) unwrapped toy or teddy bear to donate to the CCAKIDS it would be greatly appreciated. There is a Walmart near the event where you can purchase a new toy to donate and wood for the fire. (See Map)
Google Map Directions from I-35 (Please Print and Bring)
Event Coordinates / Map: N 33 6.703' W 97 3.999'
Web Address: Sycamore Bend Park (Please read park rules)
Look for: Once inside park drive to end of gravel road, we will be either in the middle of the turn around or at a site very close by. Because it is a dark area and the fire is located on the backside of a slope and hard to see, I will try and place a flashing beacon for participants to look for so that everyone can find us easily.
Backup Plan: Typically very few people use this park. However sometimes boyscout troops take up all sites. If this happens we have a possible secondary location or can regroup at Sneaky Pete's located at (2 Eagle Point Road Lewisville). Watch the event message board for any updates and refer to (Map) if a new location is announced.
Participants should bring:
- Bundle of Wood for Fire.
- A comfortable chair, Cooking Utensils.
- Water, Food, Smores (Grill Available).
- Hot cocoa or cider. A thermal cup.
- A good flashlight with fresh batteries.
- Whistle / Compass / First Aid Kit / Bug Repellant in Summer.
- 2 way radio w/ NOAA Alerts (Set to channel 5, code 0).
(Event host will monitor radio for any lost arriving guests.)
Additional Personal Equipment (if Needed):
- Hiking, Camping, Kayaking and Mountain Biking Gear.
(By law kayakers must have Life Jacket, Flash Light and Whistle)
Costs: (Self-Pay near Park Entrance Gate)
$2 (before and up to 10PM) / $7 (camping overnight).
Notice: Organizer not responsible for tickets or fines.
Difficulty (1:Easy - 5:Hard): Rated 1 depending on weather.
Length of Event: Event ends at 10PM (unless camping: cost $7)
Environment: Primitive, Temp, Dark, Possible Wind, Fire Bans.
Parking: Paid, Unsupervised, No past issues known.
- At arrival pay for parking or camping at self pay station near gate.
- Claim your place near the fire. (Tent site if camping).
- If you wish to donate a toy or teddy bear see organizer.
- Very brief lesson on compass and map use will be given.
- A hiking trail near the campfire is available for anyone up for a hike.
- Mountain Biking and Kayaking is also available (Bring own gear).
Please only RSVP if you truly feel that you can attend.
Please no smoking near other members of group.
Please no photos, videos or tagging of organizer.
Questions: Ask for "Mother". (DFWA Organizer)
Read DFWA Disclaimer and Resources!
Join DFWA on FaceBook (for Pics & Updates)
Visit DFWA on YouTube (for Event Videos)
Read DFWA on Blogger (for Blog Posts)